In this article, We are going to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error, that appears mostly in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
Most of the old users that are using Windows 7, Windows Vista or even Windows XP are confronting or perhaps must be familiar with api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error. It normally occurs after you start any game or software as well as also during installation of a program.
I was installing Laravel framework when I first witnessed this error.
What causes this error?
The error occurs, might be due to the no updates in Windows.
The error is nothing, just require you to install few mandatory things while deleting some futile stuff.
Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
To fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is the missing error, there are several methods. And In this article out of several methods, I am listing 3 absolutely fine working strategies as well as also guiding you to how to get rid of it.
I am pointing this method number # 1 cause it worked for me pretty well.
The method 2 is split into two phases. The first phase includes files that need to be downloaded and the second phase includes where to add these files.
- Download .dll file
- Visit dll files directory, there you will find a numerous number of dll extension files.
Now the point is where to add this file.
If you are running a 32-bit Windows then you should go to this path
If you are running a 64-bit Windows then follow this path
After extracting dll file into the respective folders. Restart your system and then try again.
- Go to Control Panel and Update your Windows.
- Download Visual C++ Redistributable
- Now, Run vcredist_x64.exe (if you are using 64-bit) and vcredist_x86.ext (For 32-bit) and select uninstall.
- Note: Don’t be confused both the EXE files are actually the Visual C++ Redistributable files.
- Run these files again and Click on Install.
If any of these methods couldn’t make it for you then the only option is to repair or reinstall your Windows.
Bonus Tip: Try to install Windows 8 or further versions.